I’ve written about the upcoming Dragonbane RPG book in a previous post. I recommend you check that out first because I won’t be repeating too much of the technical information. Dragonbane is a TTRPG that is getting its newest edition in August. It has some very cool art and some interesting mechanics. If you are looking for a new RPG system, it might be worth looking into Dragonbane. Preorders are still open on the official site. The Dragonbane bundle is currently on sale for $66.70 (normally $80.30), so now might be the perfect time to grab your copy. There is also a free quick start guide you can download from Drivethru RPG
If you are going to Gen Con this year, make sure you stop by the official Free League booth (#2641). They’ll have demos, live games, and a panel you should check out if you have any questions. Free League Publishing will be hosting games throughout Gen Con, so make sure you drop by game room #138 if you want to try out one of their systems. Don’t forget to sign up for their showcase on Thursday, August 3rd at 11 am in room ICC #244. The panelists include:
- Tomas Härenstam, co-founder of Free League and lead game designer of the Dragonbane, Blade Runner RPG, ALIEN RPG, Twilight: 2000, Forbidden Lands, and Mutant: Year Zero.
- Luke Stratton, designer of the upcoming MÖRK BORG spin-off game PIRATE BORG
- Johan Nohr and Christian Sahlén, designers of MÖRK BORG and CY_BORG
- Carl Niblaeus, designer of Death in Space
- Kiku Pukk Härenstam, co-writer of Vaesen: Seasons of Mystery and Vaesen: A Wicked Secret
If you are interested in seeing gameplay, Glass Cannon Labs will be running a two-hour live play of Dragonbane next Friday, August 4th, at 10 AM ET at their booth (#174). Make sure to check out their Twitch if you are interested in Free League Publishing’s other systems.
I’m always looking for a new RPG system to try, this one seemed pretty neat so I thought I would share. Go check it out and let me know what you think!